Thursday 26 January 2017

birthday suit

Before you get worried about clicking through to this post, don't fret: I just mean this is the outfit I wore on my birthday last week. I don't know about you, but as I get older, I get more and more confident in the way I dress.

Zara navy swing top, Topshop white skinny jeans and Whistles black suede heels

I've gone from buying cheap trend-led pieces which I quickly got bored of as a teenager, to investing in timeless, high-quality classics as I've gone through my twenties. Now I've built up a wardrobe which is mostly filled with items I absolutely love, so I don't mind wearing similar outfits and using the same bag over and over (which you'll have realised from the number of times I have this Phillip Lim beauty hanging off my arm, and I make no apology for that).

Whistles black suede heels, 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli burgundy medium and Topshop white Jamie jeans

That said, I like to grab a few cheaper items in the sales and switch up my accessories to keep things fresh. This navy top was a steal in the Zara sale and I love that it's smart enough for work - not just a T-shirt - but also looks suitably casual with jeans and a leather jacket, as shown here. Plus for some reason I can't get enough of earrings at the moment, and these Whistles triangle hoops are my current favourites.

Anyway, here's to another year of buying items I really love (and I don't just mean candles...)

Whistles triangle hoop earrings, Whistles black shearling jacket and Larsson & Jennings black Saxon watch

Whistles black shearling jacket, Zara navy short sleeved top and 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli burgundy medium bag

Whistles shearling jacket / similar here
Whistles shoes / similar here
Whistles earrings


---- shop the post ----



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig