Wednesday 14 September 2016

today i love... beauty favourites

beauty favourites sept 16

Here are some of the products I'm loving at the moment.

As you will know by now I'm a diehard Diptyque fan, but I have to say I always steered away from this particular scent in the past. In general I find vanilla scents to be sickly sweet, but I should have known that Diptyque's take would be far more sophisticated than that. This is a dark, spiced, grown-up vanilla and it's now one of my absolute favourite fragrances.

I don't know about you but I find washing my make-up brushes a bit of a chore. This no-rinse spray makes it super easy, and I love the minimal packaging too.

I still don't really know what toners do, but I really enjoy this spray-on version. It does seem to plump and tighten skin, and if nothing else it's very refreshing on hot days.

I absolutely love Marc Jacobs' Splash range. Such great value and beautiful packaging. This scent is really fantastic as well - fresh but somehow deep too - and lingers longer on the skin than some previous Splash iterations I've had.

I seem to get a sample of this in every beauty box I receive and I have to say I'm pleased about that. A little goes a long way and it leaves your skin feeling pleasingly taut and ready for moisturiser.

A classic for a reason: luxuriously moisturising and with a strong, heady medicinal smell. And I do mean strong: I've had to stop myself applying before eating or I can only smell it rather than the food. But I love to keep it on my bedside table as it's the perfect scent to inhale before drifting off to sleep.


---- shop the post ----



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig