Tuesday 6 January 2015

today i bought… whistles tyler boyfriend jeans

whistles tyler boyfriend jeans

Whistles Tyler boyfriend jeans / £30 (reduced from £95)

I've been searching for the perfect pair of boyfriend jeans for what seems like forever. In fact, I'm trying to remember the first time they arrived on the scene and we started to question the skintight denim that had until then been a permanent fixture in pretty much every woman's wardrobe since about 2005. To be honest, I was never hugely convinced. Skinny jeans have become a true classic because they really are the most flattering style. There's no getting around that, and I'm not pretending that boyfriends will make your legs look slimmer (they won't). But they will freshen things up a little bit, which is pretty much the be all and end all when it comes to fashion. No matter how new and exciting skinnies were eight years ago, there's no denying that today the silhouette is so tried and tested that it can look - dare I say it - boring. So that's where boyfriends come in. But I wasn't prepared to go all out with a drop crotch distressed pair (well, we still want to look good, right?) The key is Whistles rather than Topshop, I'm afraid. I've tried on a few budget pairs and just found them too baggy. This pair manages to look both smart (no rips or frayed edges here) but also inherently casual (thanks to the loose, but crucially not too loose, fit). Oh, and did I mention they're in the sale?! In short: they're the Holy Grail of boyfriend jeans and now that I've finally found them, I'll be giving my skinny jeans a long-overdue break.


Follow me on
bloglovin'
facebook
twitter
pinterest

Share:

1 comment

  1. The perfect boyfriend jeans are almost impossible to find! I'm happy for you that you've found yours but I don't think jeans are all that comfortable so I think I'll be hunting for a while.
    & you're right about skinny jeans! Even though they are a lot tighter they strangely are more flattering, to me at least. I guess it's all personal preference but I'm looking forward to an outfit post in your new boyfriend jeans!

    TFM BLOG

    ReplyDelete

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig