Saturday 12 April 2014

today i love… 3 ways to wear culottes

day /





Reiss 1971 Pisces quilted sweatshirt / £45 (reduced from £69)
Kenzo round-frame acetate sunglasses / £185


night /





work /




I posted last week about my newfound appreciation for an item of clothing previously confined to fashion's no man's land: culottes. There's something about the way they sit on the line between masculine and feminine that really appeals to me. But styling an item hitherto banished from your wardrobe isn't always an easy task. So above I've presented three ways to tackle this dilemma. For daytime, I'd play down the potential girliness of culottes with a simple sweatshirt, pool slides and a slick leather rucksack (really need this one in my life). For night, do the opposite and add satin heels and bright pink lips to bring out the femininity (but a ponyskin top keeps things suitably grounded). Work is a little trickier, but COS' structured minimalist top in powder blue ensures the culottes look grown-up and groomed, as do patent navy pumps and a very smart work bag. In short? They're as versatile as their hybrid nature would suggest.


Follow me on
bloglovin'
facebook
twitter
pinterest

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig