Friday 1 November 2013

today i love… 5 of the best plaid

5 of the best plaid


Or tartan, as we prefer to call it on this side of the pond. Or even checks. Whichever moniker you choose, the fact remains that this print - thanks to those two rather influential British ladies Stella McCartney and Phoebe Philo - is one of the hottest to be seen in at the moment. The dream is that Stella McCartney knit (be still my beating heart), but since the price tag makes my jaw visibly drop, I thought I'd scour the high street for some slightly more budget-friendly alternatives. There are a few pitfalls to watch out for with this print though, as with any trend that's been done a thousand times before. A couple of key pointers to keep it looking more 2013 and less 2003: 1) stay away from plaid shirts. There's no easier way to look more lumberjack than lovely. Blouses, however, in organza or silk rather than cotton, are a whole different story. 2) Keep the colours soft, pastel and generally Céline-esque. Stay away from harsh colour combinations like red and black, or black and white. 3) Keep textures soft where possible: angoras and silks are perfect. Above I've picked a few of my favourite pieces around at the moment, but I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for a worthy alternative to the Stella jumper. Let me know if you come across a suitable contender…


Follow me on
bloglovin'
facebook
twitter
pinterest

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig