Tuesday 10 September 2013

today i want... topshop unique a/w '13


It's no secret I'm a huge fan of Topshop and especially its more high fashion endeavours, Boutique and Unique. When they first launched Unique several years ago it was a pioneering idea, a bridge between low end high street and high fashion designer, the first affordable catwalk line for girls who want to wear runway looks at a reasonable price. Somewhere along the line, though, that initiative seems to have been lost somewhere, because now Topshop's normal customers simply can't buy any Unique. Don't get me wrong: I think the design of the range gets better and better, and in some ways I think it makes sense to charge designer prices for designer-worthy pieces. It has come a long way from the days of novelty animal ears and sits quite deservedly alongside established names in the LFW schedule. But it just seems a shame that people like me, the loyal Topshop customer who would dearly love to own a piece of Unique, simply can't. This season one of the bags costs £750. £750! To be fair, some pieces are more affordable, such as cashmere-mix cropped knits for £80 and shoes around £135, which is pretty reasonable. But some of the jackets are upwards of £600 and even the beautiful embroidered knit above is just short of £300. Nevertheless I adore the collection, and I've chosen my top ten favourite pieces above, which, in an ideal world, I'd be taking home. It's just a pity that's not going to become a reality.


Follow me on
bloglovin'
facebook
twitter
pinterest

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig