Thursday 11 April 2013

today i love... 3 ways to wear white


day /




night /




work /



As the winter begins to thaw and spring ever so slowly arrives, wearing heavy knitwear, thick coats and dark colours suddenly seems a little too oppressive. Along with weather that will allow me to wear shorts, I'm longing for fresh breezy garments in light shades. And nothing says summer more than a pure white outfit. Decking yourself out in top-to-toe white can admittedly be daunting, however, so I suggest adding in subtle hints of colour to a mostly white look. This succeeds in retaining the shock factor of an all-white look while being altogether more wearable and, in my opinion, generally more stylish. For day, tone down the smartness of box-fresh white by teaming skinny jeans with a soft quilted sweatshirt. Tote a pure white bag but ground the look with fierce black heels and add fun via a pair of eye-catching sunglasses. For night, choose a white dress with a little interest, like this organza panelled Unique beauty, and don't be afraid to reclaim the white stiletto. Teamed with a sleek lime clutch and bold silver ring, it's understated but oh so classy. White can work for the office, too: a structured skirt would be too much with a stiff shirt, but softened by a worn-in tee and with a satchel bag over the shoulder it's just the right amount of smart. Team with nude heels to elongate the legs and a smart silver watch. In short: don't be afraid of white. It can be just as easy to wear as black, only far less boring. Just make sure you steer clear of brightly-coloured foods, or your dry-cleaning bill may well be a little on the scary side.


Follow me on
bloglovin'
facebook
twitter
pinterest

Share:

8 comments

  1. Great sets dear! I love white looks with some touch of colour! Great!

    http://www.lazyheelsblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all !

    http://hidinginheaven.blogspot.fr/2013/04/the-one-with-last-week.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these looks! Though I do wear white, I don't think I typically wear all white looks, but this post has made me want to try! They look so clean and fresh, and the pops of color make them very visually interesting.

    Now if I could just avoid spilling something on myself the whole day ;).

    -Mega from http://dressuponacloudyday.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love white with nude heels!!! :-)

    Anyway, you have a lovely blog :-) I have a blog too, if you want to have a look at it, it would be great! :-)
    http://mystylerecipe.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on links a la mode ! Great tips on wearing white. I definitely love this trend but it can be daunting! Thanks for the tips ! Love dani www.huntinginheels.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i absolutely love the color of that lime make-up bag. I am so tempted to try all white, but I've proven to be a bit clumsy lol. You made some great styling choices here, and thus inspired me to quite possibly give it a go!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looooove. White on white on white is tres chic. Although I struggle IRL due to the fact that I am a "passionate eater" ;)

    xoxo
    www.PardonMyFashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post! <3 White is a great color for spring!

    http://dressingwithdesire.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig