Sunday 21 October 2012

today i bought...




Topshop Unique bomber jacket /

It's safe to say that A/W'12 saw my favourite ever collection by Topshop Unique, the catwalk outing from my number one beloved high street brand. I would even go so far as to say that I haven't been this obsessed about a designer collection since Burberry Prorsum A/W'10 (I still am literally in love with that collection). Unique is perhaps even more exciting for me than Burberry in that I can actually afford some of it and make it my own. Since seeing it make its way down the catwalk in February, then, the only dilemma has been which piece to invest in. I initially lusted after the long burgundy coat, but in real life it was just far too oversized, making me look like a child trying on adult clothing. I ordered the silk U print dress, but although I liked it, I didn't love it. And then I saw Sabrina Meijer of afterDRK in this fantastic khaki bomber and I just knew this was the one. Of course by that time the size Small had sold out, but I went for the Medium, and actually I really like the oversized-ness; I felt sort of like I'm in the RAF in this baby. Oversized, soft, comfortable, warm, with satisfyingly chunky pewter zips, a sumptuous silk lining and buckles at the wrists: it is just all kinds of beautiful. I am very excited to own a piece of this collection, and I'm even more excited to wear it.


Follow me on
bloglovin'
facebook
twitter
pinterest

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig