Saturday 14 July 2012

today i'd save on... charlotte olympia vs zara




On left / Charlotte Olympia web velvet slippers / £509 at Mytheresa
On right / Zara skull slippers / £25.99

I'll be honest: as a heels devotee I'm not the biggest fan of the velvet slipper trend. But I have to say that there's something about stepping into a louche velvet pair, especially when teamed with a casual tee and jeans, that appeals to the love of contrast in me; I'm a sucker for a slightly unexpected accessory, after all. Plus when I see Poppy Delevingne looking perfect in her Charlotte Olympias, I almost think I could be swayed. Spending upwards of £500 on a pair, however, would be frankly ridiculous. Zara's £25.99 copy, though, complete with cute skull motif? Well, I could seriously be tempted. Maybe I'll just stick to wearing them around the house for now, though...


Follow me on bloglovin', facebook and twitter

Share:

1 comment

  1. Zara!!

    http://sweetcherryblogger.blogspot.com.es/2012/07/ethnic-necklace.html

    ReplyDelete

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig