Sunday 19 February 2012

today i'm inspired by... simone rocha a/w'12





I first discovered Simone Rocha (daughter of John) when I stumbled upon her S/S'11 collection. It was a vision in white, sheer chiffon, palest pink and plenty of bright orange perspex. Now as someone who is more than a little partial to a perspex accessory, I immediately sat up and paid attention. But actually the whole collection called out to me, and I was astounded that someone so early on in their career could produce such accomplished designs. And since then she hasn't failed to impress with her ensuing collections (including her covetable capsule range for Topshop a few months back). Her A/W'12 collection, shown yesterday at LFW, was another hit with me (see it all here). Rocha stuck to what she does best with a mainly black and white collection, peppered with flashes of silver and neon green. Texture as ever was where she excelled, fusing at once satin, chiffon, lace, smooth fur, feathery fringing and (hooray) plasticised finishes. Although I wasn't a fan of the flat shoes (not a heel in sight!), everything else won me over immediately. The silver coat (pictured above) was a particular favourite, and everything was supremely wearable but with a fashion-forward twist: just the way I like it. I say, keep up the good work, Simone.


Follow me on bloglovin', facebook and twitter

Share:

1 comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig