Thursday 16 February 2012

today i love... mary katrantzou for topshop







Generally speaking I'm not a big fan of prints. Animal print is the exception; I do love a bit of leopard or snake. But polka dots, graphic prints and especially florals I will more often than not avoid. You'll only find one or two floral items in my wardrobe and they don't get used very often. So I was more surprised than anyone to find myself really rather liking the above pictures of Mary Katrantzou's capsule collection for Topshop, which lands online and in selected stores tomorrow (Friday 17th February). The Greek designer is the toast of London's fashion scene and definitely a name to drop at the moment. Her graphic prints, drawing inspiration from such sources as vivid flowers and vintage furnishings, have lately been seen adorning many a celebutante and front-row goer. Splashed across structured, directional pieces, somehow Katrantzou gives new life to tired motifs and makes, for example, a top and trouser set in neon florals seem desirable in a way I never would have thought it could. Knowing how highly anticipated it is, I strongly suspect that the Topshop range will be a little out of my price range, but I am so incredibly tempted to splash out on the little structured dress (third picture). After seeing the ever-flawless Poppy Delevingne team it with slicked-back hair, sky-high heels and little else at the ELLE Style Awards (see it here), I'm completely won over. It's the perfect statement piece that every woman's wardrobe is surely longing for.


Follow me on bloglovin', facebook and twitter

Share:

2 comments

  1. i've been eying up this collection as well, although i do quite often wear floral prints, i tend to stick with subtle ones and these are quite in your face so i doubt i'd dare buy one of the pieces.

    i'm genuinely amazed that your blog doesn't have more followers! it's so well put together, i always love your styling x

    ReplyDelete

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig