Wednesday 7 December 2011

today i'm inspired by... zara evening lookbook

It's only a couple of weeks since I featured Zara's November lookbook, but when I saw their evening one, I couldn't resist dedicating a post to it, too (see it all here). After all, Christmas party season has well and truly started, and if you're stuck for ideas then this may just be your saving grace. What I love about these looks is the perfectly simple, understated styling: with soft undone hair and natural make-up, the focus is well and truly on the clothes. If you're wearing a knockout dress (like that amazing one-shouldered beauty), the only accessory you need is a chic pared-down clutch: no fussy straps or lines; no jewellery; no look-at-me shoes. Equally, though, this lookbook presents alternative options if you're feeling like branching out this Christmas: a beautiful crisp suit in perfectly tailored separates, or a smart jacket over a crushed sequinned top. Options that are just as eye-catching as a dress, but far more unique. Half of me is so tempted to copy that first look entirely for my office party on Friday, but I've already got my dress sorted. New Year's Eve, however, might just be a different story...








Pictures: Zara.com

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig