Wednesday 2 November 2011

today i want... zara asymmetric skirt

You'll probably know by now how obsessed I am with super-blogger Elin Kling's fashion line Nowhere (read all about it here). It's a super-slick capsule collection full of perfectly simple shirts, luxe chunky knits, leather-sleeved coats and sleek black dresses. And among the items piquing my attention from the Nowhere line was a rather lovely black dress with an asymmetric hem (see it here). However, what I really wanted was this as a skirt; I generally prefer separates to dresses as they're more wearable and you can get more outfits out of them. It's also not that cheap, so I decided to give it a miss. Magically, however, when browsing Zara's latest drop today, I came across this amazingly Nowhere-esque skirt. At only £29.99 and a skirt instead of a dress, it's exactly what I've been searching for. I've been wanting a black pencil skirt for quite some time now, in fact, but none of them have seemed quite right. Only the other day I tried on a faux leather one in Zara but it just wasn't quite me. What I love about this one, though, is that it's a very simple, versatile style, but also with a twist. The asymmetric hem takes it firmly out of boring territory and makes it just a little more edgy. It won't surprise you to learn that it's on its way to me as we speak...



Share:

1 comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig