Sunday 27 November 2011

today i love... silver

I've been obsessed with metallics for a long time, but right now it seems the fashion world agrees with me. I remember this time last year scouring the high street for a silver jumper and being unable to find anything except this lurex one in the Topshop sale. Now, however, you literally can't move for silver jumpers. The same goes for silver shoes: when I couldn't get my size of the Zara ones in the sale in June, I did an online search for silver shoes and got nada. Now: everywhere. Likewise silver bags, dresses, belts, skirts, t-shirts... Bright shiny metallics are all over the place. And I for one am rather happy about that. I've been trying to put my finger on quite why I love silver so much, and I think it's because it goes with everything in the same way as neutral colours like black or white, but at the same time it's so much more exciting and eye-catching than those colours. And I'm definitely favouring silver over gold right now. So below I've chosen my favourite silver pieces from the high street. Now I'm not talking a little flash of lurex thread here: I mean shiny, in-your-face silver, preferably leather or leather-look. It definitely takes a certain confidence to wear these pieces, but why shouldn't you be confident when you know you'll look amazing? If in doubt, start with a belt or a clutch and work your way up. As far as I'm concerned you can't go wrong.


1. Mango Lena belt, £10 at ASOS
2. River Island silver metallic leggings, £10 (reduced from £20)


10. H&M &Denim jeans, £29.99
12. ASOS metallic woven t-shirt, £22.50 (reduced from £30)
13. ASOS metallic shopper, £11 (reduced from £15)

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig