Sunday 25 September 2011

today i'm channelling... acne s/s'12

You might already know how obsessed I am with Swedish brand Acne. Their clothes are just so entirely representative of how I'd love my wardrobe to look. Each season I become more and more obsessed with them, so of course I was awaiting their S/S'12 show in London last week with bated breath. Not only did the front row include three of my all-time favourite style icons, Elin Kling, Columbine Smille and the divine Clémence Poésy, but the clothes were also pretty darned awesome too. Casual, slightly sporty, effortlessly laid-back. A wider colour palette than I would usually like, with baby pink, ochre yellow and rust orange punctuated classic black leather and blue denim. My favourite part of the collection was the cut-out star motifs across tops and jackets, as well as fierce zipped leather motocross trousers. I also loved the juxtaposition of simple white looks with sporty black accessories, and the perfect proportions of the jackets and skirts. Of course it wasn't easy to track down high street items that capture that indefinable Acne brand of cool, but I've chosen a few things to get you on the right track. Because if I can get just a little closer to dressing top-to-toe in this brand, that's a step in the right direction.


3. Zara draped top, £25.99
6. Gap 1969 denim pencil skirt, £7.99 (reduced from £35.95)
7. Jovonna leather skirt, £58 (RRP £88) at ASOS
8. ASOS knitted dress with roll neck collar, £40 (reduced from £50)

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig