Thursday 15 September 2011

today i love... london fashion week


Wow, where did New York Fashion Week go?! I have been so busy these past few days that I've barely had time to catch up on any shows, so sorry for the lack of posts. This weekend I'll be swotting up on everything I've missed, so lots of posts to come, I promise. In the meantime the style set are already decamping over to our fair capital for what is definitely the best of the four fashion weeks (of course I'm not at all biased). There's just something brilliant about London designers; they're a little more experimental and less afraid of making mistakes. Whereas New York can be a little prim, Paris a little prissy and Milan too showy, London is brave and fun. So here's everything you need to know about LFW...

1. Once again, I really recommend the website catwalklive.tv (@catwalklivetv on Twitter) to keep you up-to-date on which shows are streaming on which website. It's so helpful to have little reminders so that you don't miss your favourites. There should be a pretty large percentage of them available to watch live, what with Topshop streaming quite a few on their website and many designers letting you watch via their own sites, too (including the cream of the crop, Burberry).

2. I've been pretty rubbish at updates from NYFW, but I promise to try harder with LFW. I'll be glued to my laptop over the weekend and on Monday evening to update you on all my favourite shows and front row looks, so be sure to keep checking back.

3. If you'd like to brush up on the best British designers' A/W'11 shows, check out my LFW show reports from back in February.

4. For regularly updated show reports, front row snaps and every single catwalk look, my first ports of call are Vogue.co.uk and Elleuk.com.

5. Finally, here's a list of all the shows I'm most excited to see. Especially Burberry: I'm leaving work an hour and a half early on Monday so that I can live stream it. Can't wait!

PPQ (Friday 16th)
Emilio de la Morena (Saturday 17th)
Jonathan Saunders (Saturday 17th)
Mulberry (Sunday 18th)
Topshop Unique (Sunday 18th)
Tom Ford (Sunday 18th)
Acne (Sunday 18th)
Peter Pilotto (Monday 19th)
Christopher Kane (Monday 19th)
Erdem (Monday 19th)
Burberry Prorsum (Monday 19th)

Happy LFW!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig