Thursday 26 May 2011

today i bought...


Lovely little shopping trip today. Firstly I managed to find these cute little denim shorts in H&M and they're just the ticket for summer. Really good length (nice and short but not bum-revealing short, as most of Topshop's seem to be), not a bad price (£19.99) and with some lovely distressed detail. I also found a gorgeous faux leather skirt in H&M with a zip up the centre, but forced myself to put it back, given that I've just splashed out on my perfect leather shorts. Took some serious willpower though.


I do love a scented candle at the moment. There's surely nothing better than lighting one and reading a bit of Vogue of an afternoon. A lot of mine seem a little too wintry so I thought I'd get a nice fresh citrus scent for summer. This one's John Lewis' Mandarin & Lime and costs £5.


And finally a beautiful t-shirt from Whistles. I've always loved the brand ever since Jane Shepherdson overhauled it a couple of years back, but sadly the prices are mostly out of my budget. Walking through House of Fraser today, however, I noticed they had a 20% off promotion, and couldn't resist trying on this lovely tee. At £40 (though I got it for £32) it's hardly cheap, but I actually think you should spend more on basics, as you're going to be wearing them so often. And I know this t-shirt will barely be leaving my back this summer. It's incredibly soft, just the right amount of sheer, and fits like a dream. Super pleased with it.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig