Saturday 16 April 2011

today i love... coachella

As someone who doesn't like festivals or really hot places, I'm as surprised as anyone to find myself really rather fancying heading to Coachella this weekend. But to be fair, it's not the music or the sunshine I love: it's the fashion. The sunny Palm Springs event is well known for being the stomping ground of many a stupendously stylish celebrity. After all, there's something magical about festival fashion, especially when there's no mud or rain involved. It's the perfect excuse for the stars to show off their endless limbs in cut-off shorts, sling on a pair of Ray-Bans and just generally wander around looking fabulous. Kate Bosworth, who's ever a permanent fixture on my list of style icons, nails this brand of insouciant cool; see one of her flawless looks from last year's Coachella here (wearing Topshop, FYI). But until the pictures of this year's attendees come out, I've been indulging myself by pondering what I would wear if I had the time, money and effort to go. So I've picked out the best that the high street has to offer in terms of Coachella-inspired fashion. I'm thinking denim shorts paired with printed tops; neon underwear beneath casual white tees; feather earrings with messily tied-back hair; silver flats with loose silk dresses; messenger bags teamed with cat-eye sunglasses; a leather gilet slung on when the sun begins to set. Because while we may not have the soaring temperatures, the blaring music or the stunning scenery, there's nothing to stop us dressing as though we do.


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig