Saturday 22 January 2011

today i want... ann-sofie back for topshop

If you browse the Topshop website as often as I do, you can't have failed to notice that they've been stocking more and more designer collections of late. As well as championing new and up-and-coming designers via their Emerge programme, they also stock more established names, who produce limited-edition lines exclusively for Topshop. Following on from the likes of Emma Cook, Ashish and Meadham Kirchhoff, Ann-Sofie Back's five-piece collection is the latest to land. And it's definitely my favourite of the recent batch. Whereas some of the designs can be a little far-out for my tastes (sorry Ashish, but I don't really want to wear a fried egg on my front), or ridiculously expensive (I like Xavier Brisoux's deconstructed sweat tops a lot, but at £200 each, it's a no go), Ann-Sofie Back's lovely pieces are wearable, individual and affordable. I love the tulle detailing, which gives a nod to the current trend for ballet-wear (thanks to Natalie Portman's star turn in Black Swan), and the leggings have to be my favourite piece: perfect for adding a twist to a long tee and ankle boots combo.


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© anna lou elliott | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig